Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Birthday Boy's Shirt

I'm working on my last project for the baby's first birthday party. I decided to take my new love of freezer paper stencils and make a birthday shirt for his birthday party. Today, for the first time, I tried using two different colors. I want his name to be in black with a large blue number 1 behind his name. To make the stencil, I used a font from Microsoft Word to make the name and number. I just picked a font I liked, made it the size I wanted, printed it out, and then used the X-acto knife to cut it out. Easy peazy.
My dilemma today was figuring out how to use the two different colors in areas where the two colors touch. I ended up doing one color first and after it dried, I painted the touching areas freehand since I didn't want to iron a new stencil on over the newly painted area. I was pretty nervous about whether or not it would work but it did. I am very happy with the results
!

No comments:

Post a Comment