Saturday, February 7, 2009

Overnighter

My baby girl spent her first night away from home this past week. She packed her own suitcase with all the essentials for a night at Grandma and Papa's. She asked a million questions about where she would sleep and what she would do. She had us confirm over and over again that if she needed to come home, we would come and bring her back to her own bed...pronto. She was so excited but none of the adults were sure that she would make it the whole night. We fully expected to get the call in the middle of the night to come get her.

That call never came.

She did just fine with out us. I, on the other hand, had a tough time walking by her empty bedroom. I felt an empty feeling when I went to bed without kissing her goodnight.

My baby's growing up! Here she is all set to go with her suitcase and Lambie...

Gosh, did I learn a lot today! I learned just how far away the half a block to the Grandparent's house is. I learned that my kiddo is OK without me. I learned that each night that I am given the opportunity to kiss both of my kids goodnight is a blessing. Going to bed without that kiss makes me cherish it so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment