Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!

Today, I learned all about Black Friday. I don't have much experience in this area. As much as I love a good deal, I hate crowds even more. Unfortunately, we had to take our vehicle in to Sears. So while we were there, waiting for it to be fixed, we thought we would check out the sales. It was impossible to move the cart through the store. I felt like I was in some sort of demented department store scavenger hunt. We left with nothing but a fixed car.
On the way home, I decided to stop with my daughter at Kohl's. I had seen their ad and there were a couple of items that were amazing prices for things that I was already looking for. Well, that was a bad idea. Their sale ended at 1:00 PM and we were there shortly after noon. The lines were unbelievable as people tried to get in line to make sure their purchase was rung up before the sale ended. The people that were waiting to check out had to be there for hours! The lines at both check-out areas meandered all the way from the front of the store to the back! I looked at the line and thought, "you have got to be kidding me!" Needless to say, we left with nothing. After we got home, I hopped online and found that most of Kohl's "door buster" sales were available through their website. While they only lasted until 1:00 PM in the stores, they lasted until 4:00 PM online. I got everything but one thing that I had hoped to get in the store. And, I did it all in the comfort of my own home...that's my kind of Black Friday!!!
Never again will I venture out on the day that should be spent with family relaxing and digesting all the delicious food from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment