Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My April Fool

My husband is such a good sport. I put him through so much heck for my own enjoyment. April Fool's Day would be one one of those times.

It's such a fun holiday. You get a free pass to annoy those around you and then laugh at their annoyance.

Today my hubby awoke and stumbled half asleep into the shower to find the showerhead turned upside down. As in, spraying at the ceiling instead of at the tub.

April Fools!

Then, he got to find that his underwear had switched places with his t-shirts.

April Fools!

In addition to his regular lunch, his lunchbox included a tupperware bowl full of crepe paper and a pair of fingernail clippers. Yummy!

April Fools!

He couldn't drink out of his waterbottle at work because there was saranwrap pulled tight under the lid. He said this one got him the best.

April Fools!

Yep, I know I'm mean. But did I have fun? You bet. Did he have fun? Well, he certainly had a smile on his face as he retold his frustration with each encounter. I think he can tolerate it for a day but he's thankful it doesn't last all year!

2 comments:

  1. Ok... Jody...You are fun. You must like April Fools to go through all the effort you did. Myself, do not care for April Fools...too many jokes related to my birthday while growing up has spoilt the day for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,
    I really didn't put that much effort into it. I did EASY things. I guess I think it's a fun holiday because there are no expectations or committments just good natured fun. Although I could see the annoyance of having to associate it with your birthday. Happy Birthday, by the way!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete