Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate: Who to Believe?

Tonight, we watched the Presidential debate. I hate to admit this but it was actually great fun. We had four generations sitting in our living room sharing the experience together...my children, my hubby and I, my parents, and my great-Aunt visiting from out west. It was a lot of fun to share our different perspectives and opinions on what each of the candidates said. It probably would have been more fun if we weren't all so like-minded!

If you didn't have a chance to watch it here's a
transcript of tonight's Presidential Debate if you're so inclined to do that much reading.

Afterward the debate and after saying goodbye to the extended family and after getting the kiddos in bed, I hopped online to see what others had to say about the debate. I wanted to hear the "spin" if you will. I ran across two very interesting links that are probably old news to many but they're new to me.

Both of these links take the statements made my the candidates and put them through the truth test. They compare what they say with how they've voted, previous statements they've made, and the proposals that they have made. After comparing all the info, the reader can decide, based on the facts given, if they are they telling us the truth. Isn't that what we really want to know anyways?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment