Saturday, September 27, 2008

Freezer Stencils...AGAIN!


Sometimes I get crazy ideas in my head at the worst possible time. Yesterday, I decided that we needed matching shirts for our trip to the pumpkin farm TODAY!


I only had two shirts at home to paint. So, since I had to run to Walmart anyway, I picked up two shirts so that each of us had one to wear. I had to then wash the shirts, dry the shirts (without a dryer since ours just died), and then put freezer stencils on them. This project would have been much less stressful if I would have done it a week ago. Sometimes I think I work better under pressure.


I realized long after the rest of the family had gone to bed that the orange paint that I had was puff paint. Not exactly what I needed but I thought I would give it a try. Late at night, hours before you need to actually wear the shirts, there isn't much time for changing plans. I tried it and it turns out that puff paint doesn't puff when you brush it on the fabric. It turned out just like regular unpuffy paint. Pretty cool, eh?

Here's how they turned out...


And here are the action shots...

We had a ton of fun and wonderful weather!

Here's my mighty mouse...

Isn't this pattern beautiful? We loved that the "hearts'' formed a "star" in the center...

Oh, so many pumpkins...


Get me higher so I can see everything...

The two kiddos worked together to find the perfect pumpkin...

I just realized that I didn't include any pictures of my hubby. That's because he decided that just having an orange shirt was enough for him. I tried to convince him but to no avail. I think he just wanted me to wrap it up and get to bed. Ah well, at least he had on an orange shirt to match us. Yes, indeed, we were a matchy, matchy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment