Saturday, October 11, 2008

Car Sickness

Today, I learned that my daughter gets carsick. Previously, I've refused to believe it. I've explained away other unfortunate situations. You see, this is something that we have wondered about but have never been quite sure of. Today, I am confident of it. We had a 2 1/2 hour drive to a 3 year old friend's birthday party. When we were 10 minutes from our friends' home, she started to feel really hot and then all of a sudden thought she was going to throw up. She had that look...you know, that look. Luckily, we were off the tollway and we were able to pull into a shopping center. Getting her out of the car, breathing some fresh air and walking around did wonders for her! And, once we arrived and the party was underway, she was back to her usual self.

I looked for info online and if you have a child that suffers from carsickness, here is a link for you. They even have a link to a site where you can buy your own YakPack for those unfortunate situations when carsickness hits before you can pull over. That is so funny, yet so-o-o not funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment