Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Backyard Event

Tomorrow night, our family is hosting a gathering in our backyard for candidate for US Congress. Hopefully, we will be joined by others in our community who would like to learn about their options in the election. The weather this week has been unpredictable and it looks like it may rain or at the very least be a little chilly. My hubby mentioned this to a co-worker who offered to loan us a 10x20 foot canopy and an outdoor heater. What a blessing! Tonight with the help of the co-worker, his girlfriend, my father-in-law, and my hubby we got it all set up. We just happen to use outdoor hanging lights in our playroom, so we moved those outside under the canopy.

I've never used a propane heater before but it sure does send out the heat! It reminds me of what I would imagine it to be like if you were to warm your hands on a jet engine. Now, we have a dry place to meet with a source of heat and plenty of light. The stress I was feeling yesterday about this event is gone. Now, all I need to do is get the tables and chairs under there, get the food and drinks ready and hope that people come...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment