Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Constitutional Convention

This November, when we go to the polls to elect a new president, in our state, we will also be voting on another issue. We will be voting on whether or not our state should have a Constitutional Convention. This concept has been very confusing to me. I have tried to learn more about it, especially since I know it will be on the ballot. Any information that I have read has left me even more confused.
Tonight I attended a Constitutional Convention Debate. Both sides of the issue were represented and both defended their positions. Questions were also fielded from the audience. It was a really good experience. I learned a lot and I have a much better idea about what I will be voting on in November. There will be a podcast of the debate and I will put up a link when it is available.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for the link. I, as well, am very confused by this topic. Probably even more confused than you.

    ReplyDelete