Thursday, July 31, 2008

Illustrator Magnets

Many years ago, I made some magnets like this. Today while I was sorting through some old craft stuff, I came across the left-over supplies. I decided that I wanted to make some more. It's a nice, easy project...just the kind I needed today. I immediately began looking for paper to put behind the glass. I didn't want to just use scrapbooking paper. I wanted to use something that would be fun for my kiddos to use. The pictures have to be very small...about the size of a dime! I looked in our recycle bin and found a Toys'R'Us catalog. There was a page with an add for 25% off all Karen Katz books. I love her illustrations and her stories are so sweet and simple. In the add, the pictures were just the right size for my project.

I cut out three of the pictures, glued them to the back of the glass, added magnets, and the project was done. Blogger decided that this next picture needed to be sideways, but I'm including it anyways. These magnets were so hard to take a picture of!

I am very happy with how they turned out! The sweet illustrations bring a smile to my face each time I look at them. My daughter loves playing with them but we have to keep them away from her brother because EVERYTHING goes in that boy's mouth!

1 comment:

  1. those magnets are very, very cute! You are a crafty girl...

    ReplyDelete