Friday, August 1, 2008

Sit Down and Dance

Today, we went to see Jim Gill in concert. We don't own any of his CD's but they are usually one of our first picks when choosing CD's to bring home from the library.

The concert was really good. He sounded just like he does on his CD's. This is a pet peeve of mine. It drives me nuts when I go to a concert and the band sounds NOTHING like their CD. The concert was held in a band shell in a park. We brought a blanket and snacks and settled in for the show. His songs are fun and get the kids up and dancing. The problem...sweltering heat and humidity! He tried his darndest to get the kids up and moving but most just sat there wilting in the heat. We were in one of the shady spots under a tree and we were still hot. I can't imagine how it was for the pour little ones without shade!

Despite how much she loves Jim Gill's songs, this was the highlight for my orange-loving daughter...

My son enjoyed moving around a bit more than his sister, but this was the highlight for my little climber...

It was enjoyable and we would definitely go see Jim Gill again. We just would choose a cooler day or an indoor, climate controlled venue. Although despite the heat, his music did get through to me. I've been singing I Took a Bath in a Washing Machine all day. I can't get it out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment