Thursday, August 21, 2008

To Stitch or Not to Stitch

No, I'm not talking about sewing. I'm talking about my daughter's head!!!

This evening, while out with some girlfriends, I got the call...

"Honey, it's me. Every thing's OK now, I just want to let you know..."

My heart was racing. Which kid? What happened? How bad? Give her lots of hugs!

My daughter had been jumping on her mini trampoline which happens to be in her bedroom. She tripped while stepping off of it and fell head first into her bed frame. She has a pretty good cut down the middle of her forehead. My hubby called his parents to come help with the baby while he tended to the injury. Luckily, they were able to come right away. Being a head injury, there was a lot of blood, but the three of them (Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa) decided that it didn't need stitches. So, when I got home, I researched how to make the call of when you need to stitch or not to. It seems like they made the right choice, although I think this is one of those that sits the fence. Do you or don't you...such a tough question?!?!? She was asleep when I arrived home, so I can't actually see the injury under it's bandage. I just hope and pray that the right decision was made.

Updated: This morning, I got to take a peek at the cut. It looks pretty deep but not gaping. It's probably not necessary to have it stitched. Poor Daddy! He feels just awful about the whole thing. Our kiddos are so lucky to have such a loving, gentle, and compassionate Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment