Thursday, July 3, 2008

Silhouettes

Today, we went down to the beach for dinner on the rocks. The kids love to go down there and for me, it is the perfect end to the day. When we eat at the beach, I don't have to worry about dirty dishes or picky eaters. We eat on paper plates...no dirty dishes. And, if you don't like what we're eating, you go hungry since I only bring one meal. There's no requests to eat ____ that's in the cupboard. It's what we have or nothing. Plus, with the sound of the waves, the fresh air, and the views of nature that surround us, it puts the whole family in a peaceful and content mood.

While we were there, I played around with my camera a bit. I was hoping to get some good pictures of the shadows created by the setting sun. The sand is such a good backdrop for observing shadows. I'm trying to learn how to capture this with my little camera.

My favorite pictures were purely coincidental. Hubby and the baby were standing on the walkway back a ways from the beach and I glanced back and the two of them were perfectly silhouetted in front of the setting sun. I quickly snapped a few pictures and I am quite pleased. I am not a photographer and I don't have a fancy camera. However, success in my photography is when a photo can capture what we saw or what we were feeling. This picture does both of those for me. It captured a daddy and his son engrossed in playing together from my viewpoint of simply observing them from afar. I love that I can't see either of their faces but I know that they are both smiling. Yep, this picture makes me smile too...that's my kind of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment