Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Twilight

I just finished reading the book, Twilight. It is the first in a series of books by Stephenie Meyer. A friend recently read the books after watching her daughter become engrossed in the series. She explains and reviews the book on her blog here. I love children's and young adult novels, so I was definitely curious. However, I am not really a fan of vampire stories. I think that they are generally silly and ignore logic just to get a fright out of the reader. But, I read the story anyways to see what the big deal was and why these books are so popular. The recommendation from a friend helped too.
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! I found myself drawn into the story and fascinated by the twists and turns in the storyline. Despite the fact that it is about vampires, I found that Meyer told the story in such a way that it makes the concept of vampires living among us plausible. I couldn't put the book down and was eager to dive into each chapter. I will definitely read the other books in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment