Monday, June 30, 2008

Appreciation

We had a really busy weekend. It's kinda a mixed bag when we do. On one hand, we usually are doing things that we love or at least doing things with people we love. However, on the other hand, when the weekend is over, it's over, without any downtime to relax. Then, Monday rolls around and my hubby is off to work.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I get to stay home with the kiddos. He drives off to work everyday while I'm comfy cozy in my jammies. I love being a stay-at-home mom. But, I know that my hubby would love to be home with the kiddos all day too. And, if there ever was a great candidate to be a stay-at-home dad, my hubby would be the best.

On days like today when I feel sorry for my hubby as he treks off to work after a busy weekend, I try not to focus on feeling guilty. I try to focus on being grateful. It's really not hard at all to be grateful for the life that I have. I have a fabulous husband who works his butt off so that I can be home with the kids. He is my best friend whom I trust 100%. He makes me laugh, comforts me, and supports me in more ways than I could ever count. We have two great children. They bring such joy to my life. Everyday is a new adventure with the two of them. I look forward to the years that lie ahead for our little family. I am so grateful for the love that our family shares. Yes, I am indeed grateful.

Today, I looked up some scriptures to help me keep an attitude of gratitude. Here's a couple that I found...


Colossians 3:15:
Be ye thankful.


I Thessalonians 5:18:
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Psalm 92: 1,2:
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord,and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:To show forth Thy loving kindness in the morning,and Thy faithfulness every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment