Sunday, June 22, 2008

Temporary Tatoos

We went to a car show yesterday and our daughter was given a set of four temporary tattoos. She wanted each of us to wear one of them. I vetoed the baby getting one since I wasn't too sure what goes into making the tattoos. I also knew that it would drive him nuts trying to pick the tattoo off of his skin. However, my hubby and I didn't escape our little tattoo artist.

Daddy and daughter got matching tattoos on their feet.

I got a tattoo on my ankle.
.
We had fun with the tattoos and I've had several people, including by dad, ask me when I got a tattoo. He-he. It does look pretty real.
.
I was still wondering what goes into the tattoos so I did a Google search and found this information. It turns out that most temporary tattoos are screen printed. Decalcomania is the process of applying water to the paper coated with transfer film and transferring the tattoo from the paper to the skin. The inks used must meet FDA standards.
.
The site where I found this information is called e-notes.com. Wow, what a great site! Here's how they describe their site... "eNotes.com is a comprehensive online educational resource. Used daily by thousands of students, teachers, professors, and researchers, eNotes combines the highest-quality educational content with innovative services in order to provide an online learning environment unlike any other." I will definitely be visiting e-notes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment