Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Art Appreciation

Today the refrigerator was too full of artwork for the little girl's liking...



The dry-erase board was too full as well...


So, she decided that she just had to find new homes for all of her newly created art. Heaven forbid we take any down to make room for the new! She's a persistent little booger and she found ways to display her work. Art was taped to the walls...





Taped to Daddy's dresser...




Taped to the bedroom door...




More taped to the door...




Left on the coffee table...



And waiting for me at the computer...


I took all of these photos after she went to bed. Little remnants of her artistic expression are found throughout the house. I've learned so much through her artwork. She's taught me see the world as she sees it. She's taught me that there is nothing better than a blank sheet of white paper...no matter how many fancy art supplies one might have. She's taught me to look closer at the details...thus using my imagination. Most importantly, I've learned that I just love her artwork. I am accumulating so much of it. These pictures are all art from today. Multiply that by 365 days in a year and we're talking quite a collection. But, I love each piece. I love that she is so creative and loves to express herself through drawing. She is indeed my favorite artist!


Here's my favorite piece from today...



...It's titled "Daddy at a Softball Game." Yes, that's him in the lower left-hand corner. She tells me, "Look, he even has a gotee!" I am so proud of my little artist!









No comments:

Post a Comment