Monday, February 25, 2008

Early Easter

I received an email from a friend today with information about why Easter is so early this year. I was aware of why the date changes from year to year but I didn't know how uncommon it is to have it as early as it is this year. Here's what it said...
  • The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that!).
  • The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year!
It seemed pretty unbelievable to me so I looked it up on snopes.com and it is true. Here's the link to the email and the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment