Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day!

Today I learned that I still love a snow day! I loved them as a kid and they were such a welcome treat when I was teaching but since I've been home with the kids, I've forgotten how great they are. I was supposed to work today...the one day a week that I do work. Because of the heavy snow, I called in to reschedule. I was also supposed to go to the doctor (annual woman stuff...no fun!) but I called and cancelled that too! So, it was an unscheduled day of family fun - snow day style!

First, there was the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's to borrow the snow blower...

Then, laying down to rest in the fresh fallen snow to watch Daddy...


As he blows all the snow away....


The baby and I sat on the couch...



And enjoyed the view...


I guess today is one of those days were I learned to appreciate the small things. Just looking out the windows on a day like today shows such beauty. I need to learn to appreciate the little moments of beauty that surround me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment