Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mmmm...Chocolate!

I love sweets. You could say that I have a sweet tooth (perhaps several). Anything with sugar and I am a happy camper. The sweeter, the better. I am not a chocoholic but I do enjoy chocolate in that it does contain sugar. I don't crave it as some do. If I'm gonna have chocolate, I prefer milk chocolate...smooth, creamy, sweet. My hubby, on the other hand, loves dark chocolate...the darker the better. I don't care much for dark chocolate myself in that it is bitter thus clashing with my desire for all things sweet.

For his birthday, I gave the dark chocolate lover several bars of chocolate. One bar is straight dark chocolate with 85% cocoa...too much for my taste but perfect for him. The other was a gamble. I stood in the store with it in my hand and debated with myself whether he would like it or not. I took the gamble. He thinks it tastes good but strange. I, surprisingly, love it!


Dark chocolate infused with red chili. I don't particularly like dark chocolate and I don't particularly care for spicy food but for some reason I like this.

Lesson learned for the day...take a risk, try something new, you just might like it!

1 comment:

  1. Aha...Dark Chocolate with Chili.
    Yes, very yummy!

    As we were going through the Jewish Market in Jerusalem we were able to taste a bit of chocolate that had Chili in it. Loved it. The funny thing was that I did not know it had chili in it until I was looking at the bar packaging that was a gift to Robert from my Dad. I said as we were passing thru the market munching on the chocolate, "Robert would love this chocolate as he loves dark chocolate." My Dad, as we passed that particular vendor on our way back to car bought two bars for Robert. (smile)

    ReplyDelete