Saturday, March 22, 2008

Poor Neglected Bunny

Last year when I was on bed rest, I did a few crafts. I had to rely on those around me to provide me with supplies as I could not get them myself. My mother brought me a kit to make a bunny. She thought it would be great for the baby when he arrived. I agreed. However, sitting at a sewing machine is not allowed while on bed rest so the entire thing had to be hand-stitched. Since the baby came 3 weeks early, I never finished the project and he became a poor neglected bunny. Here he is...


I found him in a box of miscellaneous craft stuff a short time ago and decided that he would make a good Easter gift for the baby. The only problem is that I have never done embroidery in my life. The poor bunny had no eyes, mouth, or whiskers. He had no clothes on either! Over the past few weeks, I have looked at him over and over again and thought, "I really ought to learn how to do that....I really should finish this by Easter." Well, today I did. He's not completely done. He still needs a mouth on his face and a carrot embroidered on his vest. But, he's done enough for me! Here he is...



I think he looks pretty cute all tucked in his Easter basket...


Hope you have a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment