Monday, March 31, 2008

Today I babysat a friend's two kiddos. My daughter spent much of the time "reading" to them. She is such the little teacher...it makes her momma proud!



Their favorite pick of the books was one called Awesome Animals by Gina Ingoglia. This one was "read" to the boys by my daughter but it was also requested that I read it too. Guess what? I learned a lot from that little book...


  • Nine banded Armadillo females always have 4 babies at a time.


  • Those 4 babies are either all female or all male.


  • When a proboscis monkey uses his nose to honk and warn others of danger, it's nose gets stiff and sticks out.


  • A sloth's fur looks green because tiny plants grow in it.


  • Koalas only eat eucalyptus leaves and thus smell like the strong smelling leaves.


  • Full grown Komodo dragon males can weigh as much as 300 pounds.


  • Anteaters have no teeth.


  • Camels can shut their noses to keep out blowing sand. They have a third eyelid that keeps the sand out of their eyes.

One more thing, I also learned how to add a picture to the header on the blog. Not sure I like how it's placed but I guess that just gives me something else to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment