Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A bunch o' links

A friend of mine gave me a link to a really great Waldorf site. She pointed me to a unit study on color. I think that I may start this with my daughter. I love that the study integrates so many hands-on activities into the study. It has a great deal of literature and art integrated into the unit. This is a feature that really draws me to it.

While there I also found a link to a calendar generator that will print out a calendar for whatever town you live in. The calendar that I printed out for us has sunrise and sunset times, moonrise and moonset times, and moon phases. My kiddos are too young to really use it but I think it's really cool and I think that as they grow this could be really great learning tool.

The same friend sent me to the Montessori by Hand blog. She directed me to this post about composer cards and a pouch to put them in. I love this idea! Definitely something that I want to add to my to-do list. My daughter currently has a favorite book called Bach by Ann Rachlin. Since she enjoys this book about the life of Johann Sebastian Bach, perhaps I need to use this interest to start introducing her to other composers. This idea by Montessori by Hand would definitely get us started!

Today I am thankful for a great friend who takes the time to share the great things she finds with me so that I can learn as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment