Thursday, April 3, 2008

I am an Irritable Mother!

OK, you know that irritable, grouchy feeling that you get when you feel like you are being pulled in every direction and if something doesn't give you are going to explode into a million screaming pieces? I feel that way sometimes. I feel that way more than I would like. There. I said it. But guess what? I'm not alone! You probably feel that way too. It's one of those secrets of motherhood that we don't like to talk about. We like to pretend that everything is just peachy and that everything is under control. The reality is that motherhood isn't always pretty. I question my decisions. I questions my abilities. I question...I question...I question...

Like I said, I'm not alone. At MOPS today, Karen Hossink was our guest speaker. She is the author of the book, Confessions of an Irritable Mother. She shared her struggles with us and discussed her journey through the obstacles of motherhood. During our small group discussion time after her presentation, her message resonated with each woman. It was refreshing to see women open up and share the fact that they face struggles as a mother. It's amazing how much we laughed as we realized that our struggles are universal. Karen Hossink has a website and blog. Both are well worth checking out.

I learned something else too. My small group provided the food for today's MOPS meeting. I made a potato casserole. I assembled it last night and baked it this morning...so simple. Looks like we'll be eatin' a lot of potato casserole around here. I think I'm addicted. I didn't take a picture of the potatoes but I did take a picture of the other dish I brought...Apples and Carmel Dip...Mmmm!

I learned today that if you have to make something for others, make something that you love and make extra. I did just that and yes, we'll be eating carmel apple dip all weekend lo-o-ong! My sweet tooth is going to go bonkers! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, YOU made that dip??? I loved it! I even took too much for the number of apple slices I had, so I could just scoop up the dip and eat it from my spoon. *grin* (You know I'm all about confessing. LOL)
    Thank you for your kind words about my MOPS talk. I am so glad women were blessed!

    ReplyDelete