Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Obstacle Busters

Today I read some really inspiring articles. Both stories deal with people overcoming huge obstacles to experience success. The first story is of 6 blind teens who were led on a mountain climbing expedition by Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climbed Mount Everest. There is a film being released documenting their Himalayan climb. The second story is of a high school wrestler who lost all four limbs as a 5 year old. Despite this, he has successfully become one of the top wrestlers in his state. Both stories are absolutely amazing!

There are days when I feel like I have stuff to complain about. I read articles like these and it puts life in perspective. I can either let obstacles stand in my way or I can take whatever life gives me and run with it. Complaining won't change a thing but determination can. On that note, here's another quote I found...

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
— John Quincy Adams
(1767-1848) U.S. politician - 6th president of the United States

1 comment:

  1. Hey - thanks for the tip on that link! I read through your blog the other day - its a noble aim and achievement to be learning something new everyday - you are doing really well!

    ReplyDelete