Tuesday, April 8, 2008

100th Post!


Yikes, this post marks my 100th post on blogger! How can it be that I have found 100 things to blog about. Looking back over the 99 previous posts, I am filled with a sense of accomplishment.

In my first post, I said, "I think that being a stay-at-home mom has taught me so much ... The things that I learn are not in a textbook. They are not intentional. They are, for the most part, accidental learning experiences of daily life. So, I would like to document my learning."

I think that I have done just that. This blog has become my way of documenting the learning that takes place here in my families little corner of the world.

I also went on to say in that first post that, "When I feel like daily life is leaving me a little brain dead, I'll check back here and see that I really am making progress." I can't tell you how many times that I've done just that. It's fun to look back and read the posts and remember the days. I've also enjoyed this method of documenting the links to other sites that have taught me things.

So, on this 100th day of posting, I'm going to reflect on what this blog has taught me.

  • Even though the majority of my life is spent at a 3 year old level or younger level, I am learning!
  • My kids teach me more than I ever realized was possible.
  • Learning is always happening...in myself and in my children.
  • It is essential to always keep my eyes open looking for learning situations.
  • It's fun to celebrate the big learning experiences as well as the tiny ones.

I've always wanted to keep a journal. From the time I was in elementary school, I have always longed to keep a daily diary of sorts. How many times have I started one and failed at keeping up with it? Millions! I am so happy that this little spot here in blogland has allowed me to journal my thought and keep record of them. Yikes! 100 posts...that doesn't seem possible!

Why did I post pictures of birds? Well, first of all, they are feasting on the leftovers from our orange juice making. Secondly, our daughter looked at them all congregating at the feeders and stated, "Mommy, there's hundreds of birds out there!" Hundred birds...hundred posts...you make the connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment