Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chili Weather...Chili in Our Tummies

Tonight I tried a new recipe for dinner. It has been a lot cooler here. This is hard since we got spoiled by unseasonably warm weather last week. So, I thought I would make soup. I tried the recipe that I found on the back of a box of barley. You can find the recipe here. I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised. I didn't have diced tomatoes, so I skipped them. I didn't have salsa so I used tomato sauce. I didn't have black beans, so I used kidney beans instead. I didn't have chicken broth, so I used bullion cubes. We didn't have sour cream either, so we skipped it. To cook the chicken, I boiled a couple chicken breasts. I made cornbread muffins to go with the Chili. The recipe made a lot of chili and it was really yummy! Our daughter, who doesn't like soup, even ate it!!! We will definitely make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment