Sunday, March 9, 2008

School's Cool

School's cool but is it the best option for our family? This is a question that we have been asking ourselves since before we had children. Now that we are approaching our daughter's 4th birthday, it is a question that we are actively pursuing an answer to. To this end, I have been reading the book, So You're Thinking About Home Schooling by Lisa Whelchel. I would highly recommend it to anyone asking themselves this same question. It's a book that crushes stereotypes of what a home schooling family looks like. Each chapter give you a look into a new hypothetical family's home schooling experience. It is very interesting and eye opening.

That leads me to what I learned today. Lisa Whelchel has a website. Within the website there is a huge section on homeschooling. Here is the link. There are two sections which I found particularly helpful and informative: teaching methods and curriculum choices. Each of these sections have links to other sites...very helpful. I learned about Lisa Whelchel's site today but I also learned so much more...too much to write here.

No comments:

Post a Comment