Friday, January 11, 2008

Rotary Tool

For Christmas, I received a Rotary Tool, Self-healing Mat, and straight edge ruler from my mother-in-law. I have been trying to learn how to sew and when she asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told her that I need tools to help me sew better. She has been quilting the last few years and has done some really great quilts. So, I trusted that she knew what I needed more than I did.

Well, today I actually learned how to use all three tools together. I had played around with the tools a bit but didn't really get anywhere. So, today I read the instructions and actually tried to cut some straight shapes. I used some scrap Cars fabric that she had given me to cut out some pieces. It was so easy to use! I immediately wanted to make a quilt. So, I decided that my first quilting project will be an I-spy mini quilt. My daughter loves the movie, Cars. She also really enjoys I-spy books. So, this will be a perfect gift for her.

Here's what it should look like when finished...

Through trial and error, I learned a lot. Now I just have to learn how to put it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment