Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blowing Bubbles

Today we had some friends over for some outdoor fun and ice cream! The kids, who are basically aged 1,2,3, and 4, had a lot of fun. Today was a beautiful Spring day, perfect for playing outside. One of the things that they did was to play with bubbles...great messy fun! The bubble solution sat all winter long in an outdoor storage container. Despite the efforts of their strong little lungs, they had a difficult time making bubbles with it. I even had a hard time getting bubbles to form. Despite this, the kids still had fun trying to make bubbles and playing with the bubble toys.

I, however, wondered if the bubble solution had lost its bubble-ability due to freezing during the winter months in outdoor storage. I tried to look online for information on whether or not it could be frozen and couldn't find an answer. But, I did find other interesting stuff to learn. Did you know that you can blow bubbles when the temperature drops below freezing and the bubbles will freeze hard enough for you to hold them? That would be so cool! It kinda makes me want winter back so I can give it a try. (Yikes, what am I saying?!? I can wait 'till next winter!) Then, my search also led me to Bubble Fun. It has a bubble poem, bubble recipe, bubble games. and a bubble craft. Very fun bubble activities that I can do with my kiddos while the weather is warm. Years ago, I did a summer school enrichment class titled, Bubble-ology. Some of the activities that I did with the students are listed on the Bubble Fun page but some of them are new. I think that I need to pull out my old lesson plans and combine them with the new bubble knowledge that I learned today to get started on some Bubble-ology around here.

2 comments:

  1. oooo....oooo....include us in your bubble-ology fun session...pleeeze!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had so much fun! I will have to have a bubble session with my kiddies again soon!

    ReplyDelete