Saturday, May 31, 2008

Date Night

Tonight my Hubby and I had a date night. We had planned on going to a MOPS parents picnic but decided instead that a night out by ourselves would be better. We already had a babysitter so it worked perfectly. Dinner and a bookstore...not too exciting but that is definitely our idea of a great night out without kiddos.
We went to the Olive garden and it was the first time that I have been there and not gotten a pasta dish. I tried their mixed grill and it was delicious. The meat tasted great but it was the sides that were to die for. The grilled veggies were yellow squash and zucchini. Mmmmm, so good. The perfect dish to have while waiting for all those summer veggies to grow. The other side was Tuscan Potatoes. I think that I could have just had the potatoes and I would have been happy. They were so-o-o-o-o delicious! I stepped outside of the box, I tried something new and boy, was it a good experience. Lesson learned, indeed!
Then I found a great book on the clearance shelves at the bookstore. It's called Storytime Craft Book by Kathy Ross Sir. It has a craft to go with each of the many familiar fairy tales, nursery rhymes, stories and songs that are included in the book. I am so excited to get going on this book. The illustrations and instructions seem to be very clear. The kiddos and I are going to have fun time discoving new crafts to go with our storytime favorites. I love finding a gem of a book that I've never heard of before. Such a pleasant surprise. Finding it for $5 is just icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment