Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am Addicted!

Yes, I am addicted...addicted to freezer stencils. I know that sound crazy, but I am. They are so-o-o-o easy to do. And fun too!

I've seen freezer paper stencils tutorials in several places on the internet. I believe that I saw the idea first on Martha Stewart's website. Then, I saw it on Amanda Soule's blog and in her book, The Creative Family. Then, I recently saw it on The Artful Parent blog.

I've wanted to try these for so long, but today I finally did it and I'm addicted. My mind is racing with all the possibilities...shirts, bags, gifts, my kid's silhouettes, birthday shirts. OOOH, the possibilities are endless!

The onsies are for a friend's new baby boy and the shirt is for me. I went out and bought plain t-shirts for all 4 of us and I raided our closets for anything plain that could be stenciled. If this keeps up, the entire house will be stenciled soon!

By the way, any opinions on the placement of the leaves on the grey shirt? I never even considered putting the stencil any other way but my hubby suggested trying it with the leaves upward. The more I look at it, the more I think he might be right. I don't know how much it really matters. Leaves up or down...any opinions?

1 comment: