Monday, May 19, 2008

Making Laundry Tolerable

OK, I have to admit it. I HATE laundry. I don't mind the washing and the drying so much...the machines do that part for me fairly simply. I don't like the sorting. Piles of dirty clothes scattered across the hallway outside of my laundry room are annoying to me. But, the worst part, is folding. I HATE IT!!! I just seems so pointless to fold everything just to have it unfolded, dirtied and in need of laundering once again. Yes, we need clean clothing but do we really need it folded?!?!?

I know some people find joy in laundry. There are even those who find the concept of line drying clothing to be romantic. I don't. I find it nostalgic in a not so positive way. I disliked helping my mom hang the laundry on the line as a child and I'm certainly not going to add another step to my laundering day. Anyways, I digress...

Today, I learned a way to make the folding part a little more enjoyable. Normally, I fold in our basement...dark and not so cheery. Today, I brought the laundry basket out onto the deck and folded it on the picnic table. It was actually enjoyable. Well, maybe not enjoyable but tolerable. I'd rather be sitting on the deck sipping a long island iced tea while relaxing with a good book but things do need to get done around here. So, while I'm getting things done, I might as well enjoy the sunshine a little. Today I did and I'm gonna do it more.

Look, my laundry actually looks kinda pretty setting there on the deck with the flowers brought to momma by her precious little flower child...

No comments:

Post a Comment