Friday, May 30, 2008

More Freezer Paper Stencils

I already confessed that I have a new addiction. That addiction is only getting worse. If I see any piece of plain material, I envision a stencil on it. When I see a cute picture, I envision it in silhouette. Needless to say, I am really enjoying exploring what I can do with freezer paper stencils. Today we were to attend a birthday party for a special little girl. I decided that I had just enough time to make her a birthday shirt.


This is my first one using an X-acto knife. On the others, I have used my Fiskars cutting tool. It was incredibly easy to use and I am pleased with the result. I did the bird with the X-acto and the letters with the Fiskars tool.

Then, I used the left over bird scrap to make another shirt. This created the negative image of the original bird from the toddler shirt. I hadn't tried using the scaps for the negative image before but today I thought I would give it a try. It's a nice way to use the left over scraps. Blogger decided that this picture needed to be vertical. I've spent way too much time trying to get it horizontal...grrrr.

Not sure where this shirt is headed. Perhaps the mama of the birthday girl would like it.

1 comment:

  1. So...these shirts are very cool. Love the little girls and the Mama one! I believe the Mama would love the shirt...ummm...do you think it will be big enough??
    The negative effect is very neat.

    I agree, I can see that this is becoming an addiction. But geesh...a cool and very useful addiction it is. :)

    ReplyDelete